Human Interleukin 6,IL-6 ELISA KIT
The human IL-6 ELISA kit is suitable for the quantitative determination of human IL-6 in a wide range of sample types, including serum, plasma, cell culture supernates, tissue homogenates, and urine. This assay employs the bi-antibody sandwich technique and enzyme-substrate chromogenic reaction to quantify antigen levels in the sample. The amount of synthesized colored products are positively related to the analyte of interest in the sample.This human IL-6 ELISA kit has been described in up to 143 publications.
IL-6 is rapidly and transiently generated in response to infections and tissue damage, contributing to host defense via the induction of acute-phase responses, hematopoiesis, and immune reactions. In addition to regulating immune and inflammatory reactions, IL-6 also plays an important role in hematopoiesis, metabolism, and organ development. IL-6 binding to its receptor IL-6R ligates to gp130, initiating a downstream signal cascade, including JAK/STAT3 and JAK-SHP-2-MAPK pathways. Dysregulated IL-6 has been associated with the pathogenesis of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, metabolic abnormalities, and cancer. Targeting IL-6 has shown to be potential for the treatment of various immune-mediated diseases.
別名：Interleukin BSF 2 ELISA Kit; B cell differentiation factor ELISA Kit; B cell stimulatory factor 2 ELISA Kit; B-cell stimulatory factor 2 ELISA Kit; BSF 2 ELISA Kit; BSF-2 ELISA Kit; BSF2 ELISA Kit; CDF ELISA Kit; CTL differentiation factor ELISA Kit; Cytotoxic T cell differentiation factor ELISA Kit; Hepatocyte stimulating factor ELISA Kit; Hepatocyte stimulatory factor ELISA Kit; HGF ELISA Kit; HSF ELISA Kit; Hybridoma growth factor ELISA Kit; Hybridoma growth factor Interferon beta-2 ELISA Kit; Hybridoma plasmacytoma growth factor ELISA Kit; IFN-beta-2 ELISA Kit; IFNB2 ELISA Kit; IL 6 ELISA Kit; IL-6 ELISA Kit; IL6 ELISA Kit; IL6_HUMAN ELISA Kit; Interferon beta 2 ELISA Kit; Interferon beta-2 ELISA Kit; Interleukin 6 ELISA Kit; Interleukin 6 (interferon beta 2) ELISA Kit; Interleukin BSF 2 ELISA Kit; Interleukin-6 ELISA Kit
種屬：Homo sapiens (Human)
樣本類型：serum, plasma, cell culture supernates, tissue homogenates, urine
檢測范圍：7.8 pg/mL-500 pg/mL
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): CV%<8%
Three samples of known concentration were tested twenty times on one plate to assess.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays):CV%<10%
Three samples of known concentration were tested in twenty assays to assess.
To assess the linearity of the assay, samples were spiked with high concentrations of human IL-6 in various matrices and diluted with the Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the dynamic range of the assay.
These standard curves are provided for demonstration only. A standard curve should be generated for each set of samples assayed.
貨期：3-5 working days
Sample type: Serum
Sample species: Human
Review: Concentrations of IL-6 and TNF-α in MNP@CTAB-BSA group maintain at normal level when the incubation time increases from 30 minutes to 180 minutes. Concentrations of IL-6 and TNF-α in MNP@CTAB group rise above the normal level with prolonged incubation time.
Sample type: Plasma (ARDS and Non-ARDS Groups)
Sample species: Human
Review: We found that plasma ANG-2 and sE-selectin levels in ARDS patients were dramatically higher than those in nonARDS patients, but IL-8 or IL-6 level displayed no difference between the ARDS and non-ARDS groups.
Tested application: ELISA
Test sample: Biological fluids (Milk)
Review: We tested milk samples from healthy donors across lactational stage, so from 1 week after birth to 6 months, samples were collected every 2-4 weeks. Plated in duplicate for ELISA. No differences observed over time.
Sample type: Serum
Sample species: Human
Review:The main outcome measures in this study were circulating pro-inflammatory cytokine levels (TNF-α, IL-1B, IL-6, IL-10), urinary cortisol levels, beck depression inventory (BDI) score, weight and body mass index (BMI).
功能：Cytokine with a wide variety of biological functions in immunity, tissue regeneration, and metabolism. Binds to IL6R, then the complex associates to the signaling subunit IL6ST/gp130 to trigger the intracellular IL6-signaling pathway (Probable). The interaction with the membrane-bound IL6R and IL6ST stimulates 'classic signaling', whereas the binding of IL6 and soluble IL6R to IL6ST stimulates 'trans-signaling'. Alternatively, 'cluster signaling' occurs when membrane-bound IL6:IL6R complexes on transmitter cells activate IL6ST receptors on neighboring receiver cells (Probable).; IL6 is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Rapid production of IL6 contributes to host defense during infection and tissue injury, but excessive IL6 synthesis is involved in disease pathology. In the innate immune response, is synthesized by myeloid cells, such as macrophages and dendritic cells, upon recognition of pathogens through toll-like receptors (TLRs) at the site of infection or tissue injury (Probable). In the adaptive immune response, is required for the differentiation of B cells into immunoglobulin-secreting cells. Plays a major role in the differentiation of CD4(+) T cell subsets. Essential factor for the development of T follicular helper (Tfh) cells that are required for the induction of germinal-center formation. Required to drive naive CD4(+) T cells to the Th17 lineage. Also required for proliferation of myeloma cells and the survival of plasmablast cells.; Acts as an essential factor in bone homeostasis and on vessels directly or indirectly by induction of VEGF, resulting in increased angiogenesis activity and vascular permeability. Induces, through 'trans-signaling' and synergistically with IL1B and TNF, the production of VEGF. Involved in metabolic controls, is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction increasing lipolysis and improving insulin resistance. 'Trans-signaling' in central nervous system also regulates energy and glucose homeostasis. Mediates, through GLP-1, crosstalk between insulin-sensitive tissues, intestinal L cells and pancreatic islets to adapt to changes in insulin demand. Also acts as a myokine (Probable). Plays a protective role during liver injury, being required for maintenance of tissue regeneration. Also has a pivotal role in iron metabolism by regulating HAMP/hepcidin expression upon inflammation or bacterial infection. Through activation of IL6ST-YAP-NOTCH pathway, induces inflammation-induced epithelial regeneration.
- Acute exercise in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis induced slightly musculoskeletal leg pain and transient increased plasma calprotectin levels but not IL-6 levels PMID: 30008613
- Genotype frequencies in the degenerative lumbar scoliosis patients and controls revealed a significant difference for the IL6-572 G/C polymorphism. A significant association was found between the IL6-572 G/C polymorphism and measured bone mineral densities at the lumbar spine. PMID: 28378072
- In glioblastoma, colony-stimulating factor-1 and angiocrine IL-6 induce robust arginase-1 expression and macrophage alternative activation, mediated through peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma-dependent transcriptional activation of hypoxia-inducible factor-2alpha. PMID: 29422647
- study demonstrated novel molecular events for leptin-induced inflammation in ligamentum flavum (LF) tissue by promoting IL-6 expression and thus might have potential implications for clarifying the mechanism underlying LF fibrosis and hypertrophy. PMID: 29436483
- The objective of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic value of serum and synovial fluid interleukin (IL)-6 levels for Periprosthetic Joint Infection. PMID: 28473693
- The elevated levels of both serum Shh and IL-6 were mainly observed in BC patients who had a significantly higher risk of early recurrence and bone metastasis, and associated with a worse survival for patients with progressive metastatic BC. PMID: 28496132
- study suggests that-174 G/C polymorphism of IL-6 gene differs in athletes, G allele and GG genotype is higher than the other ones, at least in Turkish athletes, and therefore should be taken into consideration when determining genetic aspects of athletes. PMID: 30213294
- studies reveal that IL-6 action in T cells through classical IL-6 signalling promotes inflammation and insulin resistance early during obesity development, which can be compensated for by enhanced IL-6 trans-signalling at later stages PMID: 28466852
- IL-6 signalling in primary human macrophages increased intracellular Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) and Mycobacterium tuberculosis numbers in a dose-dependent manner promoting mycobacterial survival and BCG-induced lipid accumulation. PMID: 28262681
- The analysis of the effect of the individual SNPs(PON1, IL-6, ITGB3, and ALDH2 ) and GRS groups on different lipid profile parameters revealed no significant association of any of the tested SNPs with any lipid parameter, however, the GRS groups showed marginally significant for TC and highly significant association for TG, LDL-c and HDL-c PMID: 30261890
- Our results showed that IL-37 plays an inhibitory role in non-small cell lung cancer progression, possibly by suppressing STAT3 activation and decreasing epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition by inhibiting IL-6 expression. IL-37 could serve as a potential novel tumor suppressor in non-small cell lung cancer PMID: 29575809
- Although interleukin-6 (IL-6) mRNA level was higher in 3D-culured cells, its secretion levels were higher in 2D-cultured cells. In addition, the levels of mRNA and protein expression of regnase-1, regulatory RNase of inflammatory cytokine, significantly increased in 3D culture, suggesting post-translational modification of IL-6 mRNA via regnase-1. PMID: 30096769
- indicate that the distribution of IL6-174G/C (rs1800795) SNP was marginally associated with multiple sclerosis susceptibility PMID: 30069682
- FABP5 promotes tumor angiogenesis via activation of the IL6/STAT3/VEGFA signaling pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma. PMID: 29957468
- Authors found that the IL-6 serum level was significantly higher in the SIRS group than in the control group. A significant association was observed in the genotypic distribution of the IL-6 - 572G allele in the SIRS group, when compared with the control group, and SIRS is more likely to occur in wasp sting patients with more than 10 stings. PMID: 30265566
- adipocytes are capable of enhancing IL-6 production by CD4(+) T cells PMID: 29283192
- Studied association of levels of IL-6 (interleukin-6) and TGF-beta in the pathogenesis of idiopathic epistaxis. PMID: 29893909
- LL was significantly negatively correlated with PGC-1alpha, TNF-alpha, and IL-6 mRNA expressions. PGC-1alpha mRNA expression levels in paraspinal muscles may be affected by lumbar kyphosis. PMID: 30233161
- Study found that IL-6 and IL-8 are necessary and sufficient to increase tumor cell migration in a cell density dependent manner with negligible feedback on cell proliferation. This effect is specific to metastatic cancer cells; IL-6 and IL-8 have no effect on the migration of normal and non-metastatic cancer cells. PMID: 28548090
- Rheumatoid arthritis patients who had the best response to tocilimuzab had the highest levels of IL6 and the lowest levels of soluble IL6 receptor. PMID: 29157669
- High IL6 expression is associated with retinopathy of prematurity. PMID: 29274846
- Adult serum IL-6 levels were predicted across periods as long as 15 years by adolescents' inability to defuse peer aggression and poor peer-rated conflict resolution skills, and by independently observed romantic partner hostility in late adolescence. PMID: 29212559
- Lysophosphatidylcholine induces COX-2-mediated IL-6 expression. NADPH oxidase/Reactive Oxygen Species is involved in Lysophosphatidylcholine-induced COX-2 expression. PMID: 30229288
- The expression of IL-6 gene and protein was significantly induced by IL-17F. IL-17F activated TAK1 and NF-kappaB in airway smooth muscle cells. PMID: 28474507
- IL-6 was over-expressed in SF from OA patients compared with normal donors. DNA hypomethylation and histone hyperacetylation were observed in the IL-6 promoter region in OA SF compared with normal SF. No differences in the status of H3K9 di-methylation, H3K27 tri-methylation and H3K4 tri-methylation in the IL-6 promoter region were observed between normal and OA SF. PMID: 28262826
- Increased serum IL6 concentrations are associated with obstructive sleep apnea and glycemic status. PMID: 29305826
- Study showed that activation of NF-kappaB/IL-6 is involved in moderate hyperthermia treatment induced progression of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. PMID: 29894725
- the polymorphism rs1800795 is associated with serum IL-6 level and level of neuroblastoma risk; GG genotype might indicate that the tumor is highly malignant (prone to metastasis) and associated with poor prognosis PMID: 29692379
- Findings indicate that childhood infections do not have an independent, lasting effect on circulating inflammatory marker levels subsequently in childhood; however, elevated inflammatory markers may be harmful for intellectual development/function. PMID: 29198208
- This study found that the protein and mRNA expression levels of the IL-6 is significantly increased. PMID: 28476335
- IL-6 may be used as a tumor marker for cancer diagnosis. It may be a clinically significant predictor and may represent a target for cancer treatment. However, to definitely conclude this, further extensive studies would be required PMID: 30249899
- The findings suggest that male factor infertility might be associated with an increased level of interleukin-6. PMID: 28523952
- Individuals with posttraumatic stress disorder showed a significant increase in the serum levels of IL-6 (and IL-10). PMID: 29179015
- Data suggest that, in children with pediatric obesity, lifestyle weight-loss intervention results in down-regulation of serum cardiotrophin-1 (CTF1), interleukin-6 (IL6), and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFA); expression of CTF1, IL6, and TNFA is also down-regulated in peripheral blood mononuclear cells after improvement in adiposity, body mass index, and waist-hip ratio. PMID: 28749076
- Findings outlined in the current study demonstrated that the inhibition of P16 decreased the growth and metastasis potential of BC cells by inhibiting IL-6/JAK2/STAT3 signaling. PMID: 29388151
- The G/C genotype and the minor allele C of the IL-6 rs1800795 SNP were more common in individuals with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus than controls (p = 0.004, odds ratio [OR] = 1.98, 95% confidence interval [CI]: 1.24-3.18 and p = 0.011, OR = 1.59, 95% CI: 1.11-2.26, respectively). PMID: 29957071
- The C allele of rs1800795 within IL-6 gene promoter, rs1800795-tobacco smoking and rs1800795-alcohol drinking interaction were all associated with increased CAD risk. PMID: 29889576
- study emphasizes the importance of -572G > C polymorphism in increasing IL-6 levels, thereby showing its significant role in DVT in India. PMID: 29890913
- Interleukin-6 Single Nucleotide Polymorphism is associated with Prostate Adenocarcinoma and Bone Metastasis. PMID: 29938471
- In a multi-ethnic population with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, IL-6 is independently associated with the prevalence and severity of subclinical coronary atherosclerosis. PMID: 29579601
- in the patients with primary depression, depressive symptoms were associated with IL-6 PMID: 30148175
- eNOS knockdown greatly enhanced endothelial IL-6 production and permeability in response to LPS. Knockdown of eNOS enhanced LPS-induced p38. Inhibition of p38 with SB203580 prevented IL-6 production, without altering permeability PMID: 29061842
- The expression of the inflammatory cytokines interleukin (IL)6 and IL8 was significantly increased in endometriotic and cocultured cells compared with healthy ECs. PMID: 29901132
- Leptin-to-adiponectin ratio and IL-6 were elevated in men with prostate cancer. Leptin, chemerin and IL-6 were associated with Gleason score. The relationships between leptin, chemerin and IL-6 were dependent on each other. PMID: 29465157
- Collective evidence is supportive of the idea that IL-6 is an important participant during the EMT process in human intrahepatic biliary epithelial cells (HIBECs), as IL-6 stimulation can enhance the migration abilities of HIBEC, promote HIBEC cellular senescence and inhibit apoptosis of HIBECs, resulting in the EMT transformation of HIBECs. PMID: 28857276
- Our findings suggest that IL-6-mediated cross-talk between preadipocytes and breast DCIS cells can promote the progression of early stage breast cancer. PMID: 30134951
- Our study suggests the second day as the golden time for measuring the serum levels of IL-6. These findings warn us to take more health care actions in patients with higher serum levels of IL-6 on the second day. PMID: 29947344
- A small drug acting as a JAK1/2 inhibitor may also counteract the repressing effects of IL-6. PMID: 29162613
- addition of colivelin, a STAT3 activator, instead of IL-6 and C2C12 conditioned medium, promoted the myogenic differentiation of adipose tissue-derived stem cells. PMID: 29882916
- IL-6 G allele promoter increased stroke recurrent risk, therefore, it would be a predictor for recurrence of stroke in the young with moderate internal carotid artery stenosis. PMID: 29091301
Most popular with customers
Detect Range: 25 pg/mL-1600 pg/mL
Sensitivity: 6.25 pg/mL
Detect Range: 62.5 pg/mL-4000 pg/mL
Sensitivity: 15.6 pg/mL
Detect Range: 6.25 pg/mL-400 pg/mL
Sensitivity: 1.56 pg/mL
Detect Range: 0.049 ng/mL-200 ng/mL
Sensitivity: 0.049 ng/mL
Detect Range: 0.049 ng/mL-200 ng/mL
Sensitivity: 0.156 ng/mL
Detect Range: 62.5 pg/mL-4000 pg/mL
Sensitivity: 15.6 pg/mL
Detect Range: 0.156 ng/mL-10 ng/mL
Sensitivity: 0.039 ng/mL
Detect Range: 0.156 ng/ml-10 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.039 ng/ml