Human Elastin,ELN ELISA Kit
This Human ELN ELISA Kit was designed for the quantitative measurement of Human ELN protein in serum, plasma, cell culture supernates, tissue homogenates, cell lysates, urine. It is a Sandwich ELISA kit, its detection range is 3.12 pg/mL-200 pg/mL and the sensitivity is 0.78 pg/mL .
Elastin ELISA Kit; ELN ELISA Kit; ELN_HUMAN ELISA Kit; SVAS ELISA Kit; Tropoelastin ELISA Kit; WBS ELISA Kit; WS ELISA Kit
Homo sapiens (Human)
serum, plasma, cell culture supernates, tissue homogenates, cell lysates, urine
3.12 pg/mL-200 pg/mL
|Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): CV%<8%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested twenty times on one plate to assess. || |
|Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): CV%<10%|| || || |
|Three samples of known concentration were tested in twenty assays to assess. || || |
| || || || || || || |
|To assess the linearity of the assay, samples were spiked with high concentrations of human ELN in various matrices and diluted with the Sample Diluent to produce samples with values within the dynamic range of the assay.|
| ||Sample||Serum(n=4)|| |
|1:100||Average %||84|| |
|Range %||80-100|| |
|1:200||Average %||97|| |
|Range %||91-105|| |
|1:400||Average %||97|| |
|Range %||92-112|| |
|1:800||Average %||93|| |
|Range %||86-98|| |
|The recovery of human ELN spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated. Samples were diluted prior to assay as directed in the Sample Preparation section.|
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range|| |
|Serum (n=5) ||95||89-100|| |
|EDTA plasma (n=4)||97||90-106|| |
| || || || || || || |
| || || || || || || |
|These standard curves are provided for demonstration only. A standard curve should be generated for each set of samples assayed. |
|200||2.702 ||2.934 ||2.818 ||2.717 || |
|100||2.196 ||2.184 ||2.190 ||2.089 || |
|50||1.497 ||1.462 ||1.480 ||1.379 || |
|25||0.885 ||0.876 ||0.881 ||0.780 || |
|12.5||0.477 ||0.486 ||0.482 ||0.381 || |
|6.25||0.244 ||0.256 ||0.250 ||0.149 || |
|3.12||0.152 ||0.161 ||0.157 ||0.056 || |
|0||0.101 ||0.100 ||0.101 || || |
- A micro ELISA plate --- The 96-well plate has been pre-coated with an anti-human ELN antibody. This dismountable microplate can be divided into 12 x 8 strip plates.
- Two vials lyophilized standard --- Dilute a bottle of the standard at dilution series, read the OD values, and then draw a standard curve.
- One vial Biotin-labeled ELN antibody (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) ---Act as the detection antibody.
- One vial HRP-avidin (100 x concentrate) (120 μl/bottle) --- Bind to the detection antibody and react with the TMB substrate to make the solution chromogenic.
- One vial Biotin-antibody Diluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the high concentration Biotin-antibody to an appropriate working solution.
- One vial HRP-avidin Diluent (15 ml/bottle) ---Dilute the high concentration HRP-avidin solution to an appropriate solution.
- One vial Sample Diluent (50 ml/bottle)---Dilute the sample to an appropriate concentration.
- One vial Wash Buffer (25 x concentrate) (20 ml/bottle) --- Wash away unbound or free substances.
- One vial TMB Substrate (10 ml/bottle) --- Act as the chromogenic agent. TMB interacts with HRP, eliciting the solution turns blue.
- One vial Stop Solution (10 ml/bottle) --- Stop the color reaction. The solution color immediately turns from blue to yellow.
- Four Adhesive Strips (For 96 wells) --- Cover the microplate when incubation.
- An instruction manual
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm, with the correction wavelength set at 540 nm or 570 nm.
- An incubator that can provide stable incubation conditions up to 37°C±5°C.
- Squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or automated microplate washer
- Absorbent paper for blotting the microtiter plate
- 50-300ul multi-channel micropipette
- Pipette tips
- Single-channel micropipette with different ranges
- 100ml and 500ml graduated cylinders
- Deionized or distilled water
- Test tubes for dilution
3-5 working days
Evaluating the effect of Luffa cylindrica stem sap on dermal fibroblasts; An invitro study
J Lee,Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications,2021
Protective and Anti-Aging Effects of 5 Cosmeceutical Peptide Mixtures on Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Premature Senescence in Human Skin Fibroblasts
Y Wu,Skin Pharmacology and Physiology,2021
Effects of Biofield Energy Healing Treated Novel Test Formulation for Skin Health and Aging
Alice Branton, et al,Clin Exp Dermatol Ther,2019
Effect of platelet-rich plasma on proliferation and migration in human dermal fibroblasts
Cho EB.et al,Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology,2018
Photo-Protective Effect of Biofield Energy Healing (The Trivedi Effect
Mahendra Trivedi.et al,American Journal of Life Sciences,2017
Protective effects of tetrahydrocurcumin (THC) on fibroblast and melanoma cell lines in vitro: it’s implication for wound healing
Mahendra Kumar Trivedi.et al,Journal of Food Science and Technology,2017
Sample type: Biological fluids (Urine)
Sample species: Human
Review: I used this Kit to determine the elastin concentrations on Human urine samples with no dilution in duplicate and obtained %CV values of 0.2-24.4%. All my values were in the detection range, however they were in the lower end of the range. Regarding group differences it is too soon to tell, however I will be purchasing 10 more kits that will allow me to analyse these differences.
Sample type: Cell culture supernatant
Sample species: Human
Review: The error was not felt between wells of plate, and it was a reliable kit. The box was easy to use and I liked it.
Major structural protein of tissues such as aorta and nuchal ligament, which must expand rapidly and recover completely. Molecular determinant of the late arterial morphogenesis, stabilizing arterial structure by regulating proliferation and organization of vascular smooth muscle.
- The functional role of PAX5-ELN as a potent oncoprotein in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia development. PMID: 30257940
- Elastin plays an important role in the growth of A. fumigatus and that it participates in the formation of thick biofilm. PMID: 29452851
- Molecular model of human tropoelastin and implications of associated mutations PMID: 29946030
- Study implies that the rs2856728 variant in elastin gene polymorphisms might play crucial roles in the development and pathogenesis of intracranial aneurysms in Korean population. PMID: 29129841
- Degradation of tropoelastin and skin elastin by neprilysin PMID: 29196110
- exogenous growth factors enhance the expression of cola1, cola3, and Elastin, which is probably regulated via activating MAPK signaling pathway. PMID: 29185160
- In conclusion, our results support the view that lysyl oxidase (LOX) and tropoelastin are present on the cell surface and suggests the possibility that lysine oxidation by LOX precedes tropoelastin deposition onto microfibrils. PMID: 28966236
- Elastin degradation was correlated with age in COPD patients, smoker controls, and non-smoker controls. The correlation was weaker in the smoker control group compared with the never-smoker control or COPD group. PMID: 27587547
- The aim was to examine if the serum concentrations of elastin-related proteins correlate to signs of cardiovascular diseases in patients with Diabetes mellitus type 2. PMID: 28715234
- There is evidence that the ELN variant INT20 1315T > C is implicated in the development of intracranial aneurysm. PMID: 27687579
- Direct gene sequencing of ELN confirmed the diagnosis showing a previously undescribed c.2156del (p.Gly719Glufs*36) mutation in exon 30 of ELN gene. This mutation results in a shift of the reading frame. PMID: 28383366
- Here we report a second adult Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS)patient with emphysema where the diagnosis of WBS was established subsequent to the discovery of severe bullous emphysema. Haploinsufficiency of ELN likely contributed to this pulmonary manifestation of WBS. PMID: 28574231
- the study contributes to a better understanding of the correlation between genotypic and elastin-related phenotypic features of Williams-Beuren syndrome patients PMID: 27311421
- We herein report the case of a Japanese female patient presenting with multiple arteriopathy including moyamoya disease, a tortuosity of abdominal arteries and pulmonary hypertension due to peripheral pulmonary artery stenosis. This case suggests the possible progression of cerebral arteriopathy including moyamoya disease in patients with elastin mutations PMID: 27080061
- These results indicate that elastin neoepitopes generated by the same proteases but at different amino acid sites provide different tissue-related information depending on the disease in question. PMID: 23805173
- Tropoelastin interacts with cells through cell surface receptors including integrins and glycosaminoglycans (GAGs); study mapped a cell-interactive sequence of tropoelastin to domain 17 and the first six amino acids of domain 18. PMID: 28544621
- Tropoelastin acts through a PI3K-specific pathway that leads to the phosphorylation of eNOS to enhance nitric oxide production in endothelial cells. PMID: 27175893
- Deficient circumferential growth is the predominant mechanism for moderate obstructive aortic disease resulting from partial elastin deficiency in Williams syndrome. PMID: 28254817
- In this report we describe a three-generation family suffering from supravalvular aortic stenosis, various other arterial stenoses, sudden death, and intracranial aneurysms. A frameshift mutation in exon 12 of the elastin gene, not described before, was detected in the affected family members. PMID: 27866049
- Data show that skin aging is associated with the decomposition of elastin fibers, which is more pronounced in sun-exposed tissue. PMID: 27569260
- Transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms contribute to the dysregulation of elastin expression and elastogenesis in Schimke immuno-osseous dysplasia. PMID: 26309238
- Neutrophil elastase degraded elastin fragments are increased in the serum of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and lung cancer compared to controls. PMID: 25935650
- Data suggest that MFAP4 (microfibrillar-associated protein 4) binds tropoelastin, fibrillin-1/2, and elastin cross-linking amino acid desmosine; MFAP4 co-localizes with fibrillin-1-positive fibers; MFAP4 actively promotes tropoelastin self-assembly. PMID: 26601954
- In asthma, MMP-1 and MMP-2 mediate IL-13-induced suppression of ELN expression in airway fibroblasts. PMID: 26074138
- Current knowledge about elastin peptides relevant to cardiovascular pathologies to further delineate their potential application in cardiovascular disease. [Review] PMID: 25794852
- elastin may be important for plaque stability PMID: 25803692
- Data suggest that cross-linking involving desmosine and isodesmosine residues in human tropoelastin and bovine elastin contributes to long-term stability of these proteins. PMID: 25604393
- Studies indicate that the low sequence complexity, phase behavior, and elastic properties make elastin-like polypeptides (ELPs) an interesting intrinsically disordered proteins (IDP). PMID: 26325592
- Supravalvular aortic aneurysms caused by a familial 7q11.23 triplication - including the ELN gene. PMID: 24932728
- Up-regulation of elastin and fibulin-5 mRNA levels in ICA were strongly correlated with family history of cardiovascular disease when compared to CCA PMID: 25792650
- there may be significantly different associations in genetic variants of elastin between two angiographic phenotypes of polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (the significant association of rs868005 with Type 2, but not with Type 1) PMID: 25775011
- Pathogenetic stimuli induced a significant increase in the expression of LOXL1 and elastic proteins and resulted in their assembly into exfoliation syndrome-like fibrils in vitro. PMID: 25275906
- Collectively, these results suggest that dysregulation of LOXL1 expression is a contributing factor to exfoliation disease development. PMID: 25275910
- the role of the Asp-72 site in stabilizing the N-terminal segment of human tropoelastin PMID: 25342751
- Overall the results indicate that LTBP-2 may have a negative regulatory role during elastic fiber assembly, perhaps in displacing elastin microassemblies from complexes with fibulin-5 and/or cell surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans. PMID: 24148803
- The decrease in age-adjusted circulating elastin levels is a potential indicator of eventual cardiovascular dysfunction in medical check-up individuals, as predicted by the risk factors dyslipidemia, hyperuricemia or diabetes. PMID: 23756406
- Mutational analysis of the elastin gene identified heterozygosity for a previously unreported de novo c.2184delT mutation in exon 30 not present in either parent. PMID: 24758204
- Several extracellular matrix constituents, LOXs, FBN1, and FBLN5, implicated in the development of elastin, are overexpressed in the subepithelial connective tissue extracellular matrix of human pterygium PMID: 25183766
- AAA-SMCs have a unique gene expression profile and a proelastolytic phenotype that is augmented by macrophages. PMID: 24080131
- Discovery of retinal elastin and its possible role in age-related macular degeneration. PMID: 24232693
- Construction and application of elastin like polypeptide containing IL-4 receptor targeting peptide. PMID: 24339977
- Tropoelastin modulates TGF-beta1-induced expression of VEGF and CTGF in airway smooth muscle cells. PMID: 23597635
- study indicates that the elastin gene may be associated with the formation of IAs, and importantly, that it may also be associated with the rupture of IAs. PMID: 23294012
- the sequence of cross-linking domains has a dramatic effect on self-assembly properties of elastin-like polypeptides, and the presence of lysine residues in these domains may serve to prevent inappropriate ordered aggregation. PMID: 24550393
- These data reveal a common alphaV integrin-binding theme for tropoelastin: alphaVbeta3 at the C terminus and alphaVbeta5 at the central region of tropoelastin. PMID: 24293364
- The authors believe that the Williams-Beuren syndrome chromosome region can be a possible target for further investigation as the genetic basis of keratoconus. PMID: 23167938
- Evaluation of these chimeras revealed two exosites contributing to the elastolytic activity of cathepsin V that are distant from the active cleft of the protease and are located in surface loop regions. PMID: 24121514
- Elastin binding protein and FKBP65 modulate the kinetics of self-assembly of tropoelastin in an in vitro system. PMID: 24106871
- Connective tissue growth factor leads to maximal elastin increase in human umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells after 7 days of chondroinduction and not in undifferentiated mesenchymal stem cells. PMID: 23542855
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the IGF2, CCL2, and ELN genes may be associated to the degree and recovery time of non-contact soft tissue injuries. PMID: 23890452
Cutis laxa, autosomal dominant, 1 (ADCL1); Supravalvular aortic stenosis (SVAS)
Secreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
Expressed within the outer myometrial smooth muscle and throughout the arteriolar tree of uterus (at protein level). Also expressed in the large arteries, lung and skin.
Most popular with customers